Welcome to TDBSoverflow, Our class's own StackOverflow. Our rules:
  1. Use only meaningful and self-explanatory titles
  2. Tag your questions with meaningful keywords
  3. Use upvotes and downvotes to rate the answers
  4. When you receive a satisfying answer - Click the "V" button
Remember: you may get up to 5 bonus points to your final grade!

2 Important questions for the project

+1 vote
1. can we use "limit" in the queries?

2. do we need to take care that the data collection will run by itself on the university servers?

thanks,

Ronnie Artzi
asked Jan 19, 2018 by Ronnie Artzi (830 points)
Hi Ronnie , I'm very sorry and I know you're all busy and stuff but (a)  these are two different questions and its again our forum policy...

Titles like this one "important question" are not meaningful and it is hard for other students to find answers in the form. If for some reason you still need my answer, break it to two questions and change the title.

2 Answers

0 votes
1. We have used the LIMIT keyword in our project in a couple of queries where it was essential (specific example; a query which returns a playlist of a specific size from a selection of choices which exceed that number). I think that as long as the LIMIT keyword doesn't compromise the query's complexity it should be OK to use it.

2. We are required to submit the crawler sources and an SQL script which can repopulate the DB offline. I don't recall having read that we need to perform any data collection on the remote servers... So I do join your question here! :)
answered Jan 19, 2018 by karimmahamed (5,190 points)
–2 votes
  1. You should use the LIMIT keyword in your queries when needed. Obviously, limiting the query results reduces the query time and make your app work faster.
  2. You have to provide the source code for data retrieval. Note that this process is usually done manually - because of quota limitations, different API keys, etc. Thus the whole process by itself shouldn't be automatic. 
answered Jan 19, 2018 by oz (12,430 points)